What is it?
Means-test is a method to calculate the amount of subsidies you will receive from the government for care services. It ensures that the subsidies for lower-income households and higher income households are allocated proportionately.
For means-testing, the income of all family members living in the household are taken into consideration. This includes in-laws, relatives, and legally adopted children with the same residential address.
For households with income, the monthly household income per person is used to determine the amount of subsidy allocated to eligible patients.
Monthly household income refers to:
- For salaried employees – average monthly employment income received over the last available 12-month period, including bonuses.
- For self-employed: (a) the monthly income derived from the last available net trade income as assessed by IRAS within the last two assessment years OR (b) the income declared to the CPF Board or the income assumed under the CPF laws within the last two years.
For households with no income (e.g. an elderly retired couple whose children have moved out into their own homes), the annual value of your residence will be considered instead.
Am I eligible?
Both Singapore citizens and permanent residents are entitled to subsidies for NTUC Health’s Day Care, Home Care, and Nursing Home services, depending on the monthly household income per person. Apart from the monthly household income per person, the patient may also be required to meet other eligibility criteria, such as care assessments, to qualify.
How to apply?
It is our mission to bring happiness and peace of mind to you and your loved ones. This includes your cost considerations for health and eldercare services. Unsure of your eligibility or the application process? Feel free to contact our care concierge to assist you in making the best decision.
- For subsidies on Home Care fees, please call: T. 6715 6715
- For subsidies on Day Care fees, please call: T. 6715 6762
- For subsidies on Nursing Home (Chai Chee) fees, please call: T. 6812 8960
- For subsidies on Nursing Home (Geylang East) fees, please call: T. 6708 8600
- For subsidies on Nursing Home (Jurong West) fees, please call: T. 6708 8400
Alternatively, you may contact the Agency for Integrated Care at 1800-650-6060, or complete the application on your own through the steps below:
Step 1: Simply approach the medical social workers in your existing polyclinic or hospital to initiate the application for subsidies through National Means Testing Systems.
Step 2: The medical social worker will assess the patient’s conditions, family background, and financial situation to ascertain the eligibility and subsidies rate.
Step 3: The medical social worker will assist you with the Means-Test Declaration Form (PDF), and refer your application to the Agency for Integrated Care.
Step 4: The Agency for Integrated Care will review your application and send the referral to NTUC Health. NTUC Health will follow up with you for pre-admission preparation.
Step 5: You may now enjoy affordable health and eldercare services by NTUC Health!