- 24-hour medical and nursing care, including dementia care
- Case management to optimise right siting
- Rehabilitative care, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc
- Respite care
Interaction with animals has been shown to encourage residents to stay healthy, to cheer up and to relieve loneliness and stress. At NTUC Health Nursing Home, residents have the opportunity to interact with domestic pets by holding, stroking and feeding these small animals. Young children may be invited to join in the interaction to promote inter-generational bonding.
A variety of plants is grown around the home, providing sensory stimulation for residents. Different gardening activities will be carried out to help improve residents’ physical and cognitive functions, as well as social skills. Residents, volunteers, families and staff can also bond through working and interacting at the garden.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, ENTERTAINMENT AND ENRICHMENT
NTUC Health Nursing Home works with external organisations, interest groups and volunteers to conduct various activities for its residents regularly. Frequent interaction with volunteers provides residents with a continued sense of belonging to the community.
Through a variety of entertainment and activities, such as singing, dancing, performance, games etc, residents experience sensorial richness. Outings provide opportunities to re-connect with the general public and experience changes in the community and environment.
All applicants who require skilled care and whose needs are within our care competencies (e.g., skill sets, available equipment).
COMMUNITY AND CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
We welcome all partnerships, including:
- Volunteers: Groups and Individuals
- Collaboration on programmes and activities
- Sponsorships and other support
How to get to NTUC Health Nursing Home (Jurong West):
Nearest MRT: Pioneer MRT (EWL)
From City or Tuas:
- Using PIE, take Exit 38 – Pioneer Road North onto Pioneer Road North
- Turn right onto Jurong West St 91
- Turn left onto Jurong West St 92
- Turn left onto Jurong West St 93 where we are located
VOLUNTEERING AT NTUC HEALTH NURSING HOME
Volunteer with us to make a difference to the lives of seniors! Click HERE to find out more.