HOME CARE SERVICES
Care@home provides a comprehensive range of quality and affordable care services delivered by our team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and trained caregivers in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Enjoy peace of mind when you are out or away, knowing that your elderly loved ones at home are in good hands.
HOME PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
A trained Care Officer will be deployed to your home to assist the senior in the activities such as:
- Companionship and Recreational Activities
- Grocery Shopping
- Light Housekeeping
- Meals Preparation
- Medical Escort
- Mentally Stimulating Activities (for seniors with dementia)
- Personal Hygiene (Showering / Bed Bath)
- Physical Maintenance Exercises
- Respite Care (during maid’s or caregiver’s days off)
HOME NURSING SERVICES
A nurse will be deployed to your home to assist the elderly with the services such as:
- Administration of Medication
- Changing of Feeding Tubes
- Changing of Urinary Catheters
- Medicine Reconciliation
- Removal of Stitches / Staples
- Wound and Stoma Care
- Other Nursing Services
Care@home also administers the Senior Mobility Fund (Consumables) to help eligible clients purchase approved medical consumables.
HOME THERAPY SERVICES
A qualified physiotherapist or occupational therapist will be deployed to your home to assess, recommend and assist your elderly loved ones with physical rehabilitation:
- Assessment of rehabilitation needs
- Design of treatment and rehabilitation plans
- Exercises to improve performance of activities of daily living (eg. dressing, bathing, feeding, grooming, toileting, etc)
- Advice and instruction on the use of walking aids (eg. crutches, frames, wheelchair, etc.)
- Assessment of home safety and recommendation of home modifications
HOME MEDICAL CONSULTATION
A doctor will visit your home to provide medical services such as medical check-up/consultation. Our doctors’ prescriptions are accepted at all polyclinics and selected Specialist Outpatient Clinics in Singapore.
INTERIM CAREGIVER SERVICES
Trained care officers can be deployed to homes on a temporary basis to care for patients who have been discharged, and are awaiting arrival of foreign domestic workers or other long term caregiving arrangements. Interim Caregiver Services must be facilitated by your discharge nurses and medical social workers at public hospitals.
Find out more about our home care services and rates »
Caregivers need to have practical skills and knowledge to in order to provide care for their loved ones at home. NTUC Health offers the following training for caregivers, including Foreign Domestic Workers:
- Basic Understanding of Ageing
- Communication with Seniors
- Recording & Reporting of Information
- Safety, Hygiene and Infection Control
- Falls Prevention
- Transfer of Elderly
- Personal Hygiene and Grooming
Training will be provided by NTUC Health’s Nurse Educators. You may opt for either of the following:
- Home-based training: 3 hrs
- Classroom-based training: 7 hrs
Successful applicants who meet the eligibility criteria may tap on the Caregivers Training Grant and only co-pay $10 for either courses. NTUC Health is an approved training provider for the Caregivers Training Grant and the Foreign Domestic Workers Grant.
HEALTH TALKS FOR ORGANISATIONS
Care@home offers complimentary health talks such as “Caring for Elderly at Home”, “Dementia Care”, “Falls Prevention” etc for organisations. Through the talks, we aim to equip caregivers tips on how to care for their elderly loved ones and themselves. Our nurse educators will conduct the talks at your organisation premises. Contact us today.