- Are recovering from neurological conditions including stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injuries
- Are recovering from neuro-degenerative conditions including Parkinson’s disease and dementia
- Are recovering from musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions including neck and back pain, arthritic problems, and fractures
- Are recovering from cardiac conditions including – Ischaemic Heart Disease (IHD) congestive heart failure
- Are recovering from vestibular conditions such as vestibular neuritis and Meniere’s disease
- Are recovering from any surgical procedures
- Have respiratory disorders such as asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Our Occupational Therapists may also help you or your loved ones with:
- Functional reconditioning due to major illness and/or injury
- Education and training for falls prevention within the home environment
- Home modifications or assistive device prescriptions to better perform Activities of Daily Living (ADL)* or Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)** in a home environment
- Advice on home modifications to enable individuals to reintegrate with lifestyles at home or at work
* ADL refers to six specific tasks, which are mobility, feeding, transferring, dressing, bathing and toileting.
**IADL refers to six specific daily tasks, which are light housekeeping, meal preparation, medicine consumption, grocery shopping, telephone utilisation, and managing finances.
BEGIN YOUR RECOVERY
*Available from 8.30am to 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding weekends and Public Holidays. To find out more about Rehabilitation and Wellness Services, please click here.